1. The information provided by this website is intended only for legal professionals in the District of Columbia (United States of America).
2. The information provided by this website should not be used as a substitute for independent legal research or analysis conducted in accordance with the standards of the legal profession.
3. The information provided by this website is intended for general informational purposes only, and not for the benefit of any particular person or to provide guidance regarding, or to influence, any particular transaction, occurrence, dispute, litigation, or other matter.
4. The information provided by this website does not constitute legal advice. Nothing about this website establishes an attorney-client relationship and any attorney-client relationship purportedly arising from any use of this website is expressly disavowed. If you need legal advice or legal representation, you should consult with a competent attorney.
5. The information provided by this website is provided free of charge and therefore is provided “as is.” The Publisher does not make any warranty, express or implied, with respect to any aspect of this website.
6. This website contains links to other websites that the Publisher feels may be of interest to visitors. The Publisher does not control such other websites and therefore does not make any warranty, express or implied, regarding those websites. The Publisher does not recommend or endorse any other website or the products or services provided or offered by any other website.
7. Notwithstanding that the Publisher owns the information provided by this website and that such information is protected by the copyright laws of the United States of America and international copyright laws, you may view, download, and print individual articles published on this website for your own personal use.
8. The Publisher is not liable for consequential, nominal, or punitive damages, including but not limited to damages for lost revenues, lost profits, loss of business, or loss of data, arising from your use of this website or for any claim, loss, or injury based on errors, omissions, inaccuracies, computer or network outages, computer viruses, or other defects in any way related to this website.
9. This agreement applies to all uses of this website, including but not limited to uses involving this website’s e-mail newsletter or RSS feed.
10. This agreement may be amended from time to time to ensure that the Publisher is protected against legal liability arising from use of this website. Any amendment shall apply prospectively only.
11. This agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia (United States of America).
12. If any part of this agreement is found to be void, unlawful, or unenforceable for any reason, that part shall be deemed severable and shall not otherwise affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining part of this agreement.
13. This agreement encompasses the entire agreement of the parties regarding use of this website.
[Last Updated: September 27, 2013; Previously Updated: March 8, 2013 & September 9, 2011]